Sunday, September 9, 2007

Swapee Info

Amy

1. Favorite colors? Pinks, purples, teal, black is okay

2. Colors you dislike? Orange or browns

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? As trim it is okay

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand - 10" from where I like my mittens to stop
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 7.5"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 3"

Angela

1. Favorite colors? I love greens (lighter) and pinks (all shades) and Jewel tones (deep rich purples, blues, pinks, reds, greens etc).

2. Colors you dislike? I dislike yellows, oranges, browns, and army greens.

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? No

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 9", 22cm
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 8", 20cm
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 2.25", 5.5cm


Iva

1. Favorite colors? ? My favorite colors for mittens are light browns or muted colors. I have a brown or taupe color coat. I love blues, purples or grey greens. I love surprises though!

2. Colors you dislike? I really like all colors, just not orange.

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? I am not crazy about the novelty yarns. I do like the multi-strip yarns or tweeds.

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 7.5"
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 8"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 2 3/8"

Kristy

1. Favorite colors? Blue and Green are my faves.... I also like neutrals (browns & grays).

2. Colors you dislike? I guess Pink.... but I'm not that picky, really.

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? No, not usually. I don't like the yarns with "stuff" hanging out of them. :-) (but colourful is good)

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 7.5"
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 7.5"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 2.25

Linda

1. Favorite colors? Purple, blues and greens - deeper tones.

2. Colors you dislike? Yellow, orange, red, though a little would be OK. They just don't look right with my skin tones.

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? Not really.

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 7"
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 8"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 2.25

Patty

1. Favorite colors? Blues, greens, purples (deeper shades more than pastels but still love them all). Recently have been captivated by the lime green/turquoise combos. Can't figure out why! I love stripes and solids and handpainted yarns.

2. Colors you dislike? Orange. Everything else is fair game!

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? No. With the exception of mohair (see the pattern I created that is a felted mitten with a strand of mohair in it, it just adds something to the felting without being obnoxious).

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 7.5"
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 7.75"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 2.25"

Sabrina

1. Favorite colors? Green, purple, blue and black (but black only if it's combined with another colour). These are my favourite colours, although I like pretty much anything.

2. Colors you dislike? No pastels or white, please.

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? Totally!

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 7"
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 7.6"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: ?

Suzanne

1. Favorite colors? Blues, reds, turquoise, fuschia, purples, blue-greens, red-orange, happy colors.

2. Colors you dislike? I would prefer NOT to have: browns, yellows, yellow-green, olive - muddy colors.

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? I prefer NOT to have novelty yarns that have things poking out or that are too fuzzy. I love yarns with runs of color - the results (even pooling) are always interesting.

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 7" - I like a cuff at least 2" long (note from your hostess - Suzanne lives in a cold state that benefits from a very warm mitten and longer cuffs help that a lot!)
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 7 5/8"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 2"



Vicki

1. Favorite colors? I'd love mitts with natural colors ( chocolatey browns, greys)... maybe trimmed with a little something bright??

2. Colors you dislike? I don't dislike it but I'm not into purple right now.

3. Are you a fan of novelty yarns? No novelty yarns, please.

4. What are your measurements?

a. Length of hand from tip of middle finger to your wrist: 7"
b. Measurement around your palm not including your thumb: 7.5"
c. Thumb length from between thumb and forefinger to the end of your thumb: 2.25"